Producers and content partners entering into a Distribution Agreement must supply us with the following deliverables, in addition to broadcast-quality videotape masters or files.
The following items must be delivered as digital files, either via FTP file transfer, or on a portable hard drive. Smaller files can be delivered on discs, USB flash drives, or by e-mail.
- For specials (one-offs), one copyable DVD of the complete Program. (If the Program has already been packaged for DVD release, the DVD copies can be of the fully-packaged version. If it is a DVD-9, we cannot copy it, so please provide 50 copies.) For a series, one DVD of three representative episodes (all three episodes on one DVD). We will make copies for our clients as needed.
- An MPEG4 file of the trailer (or of a 5-minute “Show Open” if a trailer does not exist), at a data rate of 2MBPS, encoded with H264 video and AAC audio, with a resolution of 640 x 360.
- An MPEG4 file of of the complete Program (or three complete representative episodes, if a series), at a data rate of 2MBPS, encoded with H264 video and AAC audio. These files should have no sponsor tags or commercial spots.
- One “Key Art” photoshop image — title treatment graphic of the program (PSD Photoshop file, all layers, 300 dpi, approx. 5″ x 7″). This can be the DVD front cover design if one exists; this is the one image that will be used again and again to promote the program. PSD files must have all layers.
- A selection of no less than five (5) and no more than ten (10) high-resolution JPEG images from the Program, and in minimum dimensions of 5” x 7,” and at minimum resolutions of 300 dpi, with captions, and with rights cleared for publicity use.
- A full description of the Program or the series, approximately 400 words.
- The logline or synopsis of the Program. If a series, the episode list (episode titles or numbers) and brief synopses of each episode.
- A list of all festival awards and screenings, and copies of review quotes, if available.
- The designs and elements of any existing promotional materials. PSD files must have all layers.
- A music cue sheet, in customary form setting forth for each musical composition contained within the Program, the title, type of use, duration of use and the names of the composer, lyricist, publisher, copyright proprietor and performing rights society.
- The credit list, including all copyright information, and a list of all supered shots, lower third titles/identification and text graphics for the program.
- A complete transcript (time-coded if possible), including narration and dialogue on camera.
- A certificate naming Janson Media as an additional insured to your Errors & Omissions Insurance (E&O) policy. Additional certificates will need to be issued for our sublicensees, when requested by us. (If there is no Producer’s E&O policy, we can still commence distribution, although we may need to obtain a policy once we have completed a major market sale.)