Created and produced by Kay Arnold, The Laff-A-Bits offers 200 minutes of the most hilarious short films from the Great Age of Slapstick Comedy. Featuring such silent-era stars as Ben Turpin, Snub Pollard, Marie Mosquini, each comedy film is fast, funny and tells a complete story.
This classic comedy series has an original music score with hilarious sound effects and no dialogue since all the action is in pantomime. The Laff-a-Bits can be used as a 5-minute strip across the board at any time of day.
LENGTH: 40 x 5 Minutes (more films available)
INTERNATIONAL TRACK: No Dialogue
CLOSED CAPTIONS: No
ASPECT RATIO: 4:3
PRODUCTION YEAR: 1976
RELEASE YEAR: 2010
SUPPLIER: Laff-a-Bit Films Inc.
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: USA
RIGHTS TERRITORY: Worldwide
Five-minute comedy films; each film tells a complete story. Great interstitial programming!
1. PAUL’S HOT SPARKS : PAUL PARROTT is an apprentice electrical linesman, but does everything wrong when trying to bring electricity to a new home.
2. SNUB THE JAILBIRD: SNUB POLLARD is in prison, attempting to make little rocks out of big rocks. He has a chance to save the warden when a tough guy attempts a break out.
3. FATTY AND THE DONKEY: A fat man and his wife with his buddy attempt a trip out west, but encounter not only a stubborn donkey but hostile Indians.
4. SNUB UP NORTH: SNUB POLLARD is living in an igloo in Iceland and has a job keeping the family comfortable.
5. PAUL AND THE BIG BANK ROBBERY: PAUL PARROTT would rather read the funnies and play games with the bosses secretary, but saves the day when he captures a group of bank robbers.
6. DON’T EAT PEANUTS, SNUB: SNUB POLLARD has a problem because every time he eats peanuts, he performs like a monkey.
7. PAUL THE TAX COLLECTOR: PAUL PARROTT, trying to collect taxes in a tough part of town, finally has to don a suit of knight’s armor to avoid the flying rocks and collect the money. He also collects the girl.
8. NO SMOKING SNUB: SNUB POLLARD’S wife is on an anti-smoking campaign driving Snub crazy to figure out a way not to give up his habit.
9. SNUB AT THE RAILROAD STATION: SNUB POLLARD and his wife try to catch a train but instead get caught-up with a confidence man and a hungry goat.
10. SNUB THE MOTORCYCLE COP: SNUB POLLARD, as a motorcycle cop, chases a kid on a kiddy car and breaks up a speakeasy.
11. SNUB GOES SHOPPING: SNUB POLLARD goes shopping with his wife and becomes so overloaded with packages, he rests on a bench. What happens, from that point, is one long chase by the cops with snub ending up in the water.
12. HELPFUL HELPERS: THE SPAT FAMLY has a big fight when one of them tries to help with the house cleaning and almost burns the house down.
13. EATING AT THE BEACH: GLEN LAMBERT only wants to have something to eat at the beach, but every time he tries, something happens to his food.
14. WATCH THE BIRDIE: GLEN LAMBERT tries to take some pictures at the beach, but ends up being chased by a big bully.
15. THE KNEE INSPECTOR: GLEN LAMBERT has a badge which proclaims him a knee inspector. This film has him chasing girls all over the beach looking for one with a mole on her knee.
16. SNUB’S DOUBLE: SNUB POLLARD, as a cop, unfortunately has a double who is a pool hall hustler. When they change places, things aren’t too easy.
17. SNUB, THE INVENTOR: SNUB POLLARD is an inventor with a house full of gadgets to make life easy, including a small car shaped like a bullet that operates with a big magnet.
18. FATTY AND THE DUCK: Fatty and his friends, out duck hunting, are outwitted by a smart duck right to the soaking end.
19. SNUB GETS HIS GIRL: SNUB POLLARD tries to elope with his girl friend but the father has other plans.
20. PAUL THE ELECTRICIAN: PAUL PARROTT attempts to wire a brand new house but ends up in a maze of wires and angry
21. PAPA’S BAD DAY: GLEN TYRON gets involved in a tailor shop when a dog steals his pants and he attempts to escape in his underwear.
22. THE VANISHING STATUE: BEATRICE LA PLANTE foils the robbery of a statue in an art studio by posing as the statue and surprising the thieves.
23. SNUB’S AUTO REPAIR: SNUB POLLARD’S car breaks down and he pushes it to a garage, where his car is dismembered, part by part.
24. SNUB THE CAR THIEF: SNUB POLLARD, being escorted on foot by the police, grabs a car and is on his way. But, his misadventures are more than he had counted on and he is glad to get back to safety.
25. THE GREAT PAINTER’S JOY RIDE: BOBBY DUNN, as a house painter, fancies himself as the world’s greatest artist. When he falls off a scaffolding, he gets a ride through town he never expected.
26. A TOP POSITION: BOBBY DUNN, as a hobo, is given a job by a policeman and ends high up on the girders of a new skyscraper.
27. THE BIG OPERATION: BOBBY DUNN is in the hospital and does everything to avoid an operation. His escapades through the ward finally lead him back to the operating room where he can no longer escape.
28. SNUB AND HIS MOVIE CAMERA: SNUB POLLARD is making movies in the desert and ends up in a sultan’s palace teaching the girls how to do the hoochy-koochy dance.
29. HOSPITAL HELPER: BOBBY DUNN attempts to control the wheelchair traffic in the hospital corridors like a traffic cop but his misguided help in the wards finally results in his being thrown out on his ear.
30. THE WEEKEND CABIN: TOOTS AND CASPER are at their weekend cabin and encounter a leaky roof and a cloudburst.
31. THE GREAT SWIMMING CONTEST: EDDIE QUILLAN didn’t expect to be in the big swimming race but while trying to help his girlfriend win, he is chased by a big fish and comes in first.
32. THE FIREWORKS FACTORY JOB: BOBBY DUNN has a job in a fireworks factory but can’t stop smoking on the job. The results are disastrous.
33. SNUB THE BUTTERFLY HUNTER: SNUB POLLARD is a dedicated collector of butterflies but he carries his hobby too far.
34. DINNER IS SERVED: BOBBY DUNN is serving some important clients who come into a restaurant for dinner. However, things go wrong and he is chased out of the restaurant all the way to the river.
35. GETTING AWAY FROM IT ALL: CASPER leaves the office ready for a vacation but he gets mixed up with a garden hose, a street car, and some unwelcome guests who want to go along on the vacation.
36. THE SUPER SALESMAN ON HOT SANDS: VICTOR PORTEL is a salesman who is driving a jalopy laden with wares across the desert and tries to sell everything he has to a harem while the chief is away.
37. THE FAMILY PORTRAIT: HARRY LANGDON, as a portrait photographer, attempts to take a family portrait but a mischievous kid and his unruly dog have other ideas.
38. THE WORLD’S GREATEST WAITER: BOBBY DUNN is applauded when he appears at the restaurant to serve his favorite customers but the manager is jealous and does everything to foul him up.
39. WHEN HE GETS MAD, HE BURNS UP: HARRY LANGDON is attempting to take a picture of a couple but makes a mistake of flirting with the girl. Her boyfriend sets fire to the studio and keeps the fire going while Harry tries desperately to douse the flames.
40. A BAD DAY FOR FISHING: BEN TURPIN starts out for a good day of fishing but the little kid next to him catches all the fish. In desperation he throws his line too far, reels in a boat and eventually gets pulled into the water.