We have prepared this Privacy Notice to explain how, why, and when we collect data from you on our website. Please note that this Privacy Notice only applies to data that we collect when you visit the PTS website at www.janson.com/pts. We use a company called AdRoll, Inc. to keep track of everyone who visits this directory of our website and to follow these users wherever they go on other websites to show them our ads. This is called retargeting. AdRoll, Inc. is able to show our retargeted ads on Facebook, on mobile apps, on Twitter or just on other websites. It integrates with Google, Yahoo!, AppNexus, OpenX, and over 200 leading networks and exchanges.
What data we collect and how we use it
We may collect the following categories of information on our website and use them for the purposes explained below.
- Website activity: Data about your browsing activity on our website, but only on our website.
- Device and browser information: Technical information about the device or browser you use to access our website. For example, your device’s IP address, and (in the case of mobile devices) your device type and mobile device’s unique identifier such as the Apple IDFA or Android Advertising ID.
- Contact Information: If you choose to provide your name, email address or other information via our contact forms.
- Third party information: We may collect additional information about you from third party sources where we have the rights to do so.
We use this data to:
- customize, measure, and improve our website and services
- deliver targeted marketing to you
- contact you by email or phone about our services including to market our services to you
We may disclose personally identifying information (PII) about you:
- With our service providers: Companies we contract with who help with parts of our business operations. We require that our service providers only use your PII in connection with the services they perform for us.
- With your service providers: Companies under contract with, or acting on your behalf, who handle data (such as a customer lists) on your behalf.
- With our related companies
- In connection with legal proceedings: When we are under a legal obligation to do so, for example to comply with a binding order of a court, or where disclosure is necessary to exercise, establish or defend the legal rights of Janson Media, Inc., our advertisers or any other third party.
- In connection with a sale of our business: If a third party acquires some or all of our business or assets, we may disclose your PII in connection with the sale.
We also share technical data that AdRoll collects about your browsing habits and your device (such as data relating to our cookies, tracking pixels and similar technologies) with other advertising companies in the digital advertising ecosystem. This enables them and us to better target ads to you.
Finally, we may disclose aggregated, anonymized information to our Advertisers and other third parties.
Cookies and related technologies
To get more information about the individual cookies dropped by our website, please see the Adjust Ad Preferences link on the footer of AdRoll’s website.
Your choices and opting-out
We recognize how important your online privacy is to you, so we offer the following options for controlling the targeted ads you receive and how we use your data:
- You can opt-out of receiving targeted ads served by our partner, AdRoll: You can opt out of receiving targeted ads served by us or on our behalf by clicking on the blue icon in the corner of the ads we serve, or by clicking here. Please note that, if you delete your cookies or upgrade your browser after having opted out, you will need to opt out again. Further, if you use multiple browsers or devices you will need to execute this opt out on each browser or device. If you opt-out we may collect some data about your online activity for operational purposes (such as fraud prevention) but it won’t be used by us for the purpose of targeting ads to you.
- You can opt-out of receiving targeted ads served by us or other advertising companies: AdRoll is also a member of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) and adheres to the NAI Code of Conduct. You may use the NAI opt out tool here, which will allow you to opt out of seeing targeted ads from us and from other NAI approved member companies.We also comply with the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising as managed by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA). You may opt out of receiving targeted ads from other companies that perform ad targeting services, including some that we may work with as Advertising Partners via the DAA website here.We also adhere to the European Interactive Advertising Digital Alliance (EDAA) guidelines for online advertising and you may opt out via their Your Online Choices website.Please note that when using the ad industry opt-out tools described above:
- If you opt-out we may still collect some data about your online activity for operational purposes (such as fraud prevention) but it won’t be used by us for the purpose of targeting ads to you.
- If you use multiple browsers or devices you may need to execute this opt out on each browser or device.
- Other ad companies’ opt-outs may function differently than our opt-out.
- You can opt-out of our tracking your online activity for targeted advertising purposes (Do Not Track): We respond to “do not track” or “DNT” signals sent from your browser. If the website of one of our Advertisers receives a DNT signal, during that visit, we will not link data we collect to your browser identifier so that new data collected about you will not be used by us for targeted advertising purposes, but older data collected about you may still be used.
- You can request that our advertising partner, AdRoll, stops email marketing to you. You can use the unsubscribe link in our marketing emails or contact delight@AdRoll.com.
In addition, if you are located in the European Economic Area you may also have the right to access, correct or update some of the PII we hold about you. You can also request that we delete your PII. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at delight@AdRoll.com. Please note that in many cases, we hold identifiable PII only on behalf of our Advertiser clients, and we may instead direct you to contact them.
PII is held no longer than necessary for our business purposes or to meet legal requirements.
We apply technical, administrative and organizational security measures to protect the data we collect against accidental or unlawful destruction and loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, in particular where the processing involves the transmission of data over a network, and against other unlawful forms of processing.
We may transfer the information we collect about you to countries other than the country where we originally collected it for the purposes of storage and processing of data and operating our services. Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as your country. However, when we transfer your information to other countries, we will protect that information as described in this Privacy Notice.
To the extent they are applicable, AdRoll, Inc.,our advertising partner, complies with the principles of the U.S./EU and U.S./Swiss Safe Harbor Frameworks regarding Notice, Choice, Onward Transfer, Security, Data Integrity, Access and Enforcement with respect to the personal information it receives in the U.S. from the relevant European countries, effective as of the date its certification is posted to the U.S Department of Commerce website at http://safeharbor.export.gov/list.aspx. To exercise their rights under Safe Harbor or file a complaint, residents of those countries may contact AdRoll, Inc. as described below. In the event we are unable to resolve a disagreement with a covered European resident regarding the handling of his or her personal information under Safe Harbor, we agree to resolve the matter through the International Centre for Dispute Resolution / American Arbitration Association Safe Harbor Dispute Resolution Program (http://go.adr.org/safeharbor). To learn more about the Safe Harbor Frameworks, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor.
Contact us about questions or concerns
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, our privacy practices, or with Janson Media or about our PTS Public Television Syndication website generally, you can contact us by email.