Over 30 years of experience in the global film, television and video distribution business, building and nurturing a reputation for quality, and integrity.
- Headquarters in the New York metropolitan area, one of the largest media markets in the world
- 3,000 square-foot central air-conditioned office building, including conference room, screening room, multiple edit rooms and office suites, a private club level, private parking lot, garden, and garret apartment
- The company maintains accounts with major financial institutions that can process both inbound and outbound international wire transfers
- The company partners with Tipalti.com, a state-of-the-art Payments Processing Platform, to process monthly royalty payments, and to manage double-taxation withholding tax compliance with U.S. government regulations.
- The company maintains a positive cash flow and zero debt, to consistently meet payroll, royalty, commission and overhead obligations
- The company maintains liability insurance with MetLife on its tangible property and physical assets
- The company maintains Errors and Omissions insurance on IP when necessary
Finance and Accounting
- Foreign jurisdiction tax management
- Collection of license fees and royalties and distribution of partner royalties, finder's fees and sales commissions
- Management of deal servicing cash flow
- Annual distribution of 1099s to U.S.-based partners and independent contractors, and W8-BEN tax reports to foreign payees
- The company maintains a significant fund to pursue content acquisitions and development
Deal Servicing and Support
- Management support throughout deal negotiations by global sales team
- Invoicing and revenue collection
- Country-specific documentation and government taxation forms
- Delivery of properly-encoded video and audio files, closed-caption files, transcripts, music cue sheets, publicity kits, etc.
- Company website
- Social Media Platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, LinkedIn, Twitter)
- Promotional materials (design of PDFs, Powerpoint decks)
- Company presence at global markets and festivals throughout the year
- Negotiation and execution of all distribution agreements and license agreements
- Intellectual property engagement when necessary, at partner level with one of the leading law firms in the world (NYC-based; 650 lawyers worldwide)
- Sourcing new content and negotiating distribution agreements favorable to the company, often in competition with companies many times larger than ourselves
- Advancing or guaranteeing royalties when necessary to acquire quality content in a competitive environment
- Maintaining ongoing relationships with producers/content suppliers
- Investments, upgrades, and regular maintenance of the company's proprietary Filemaker Server rights management and royalty payment database solution, designed to synchronize with Amazon Video royalty reporting file architecture
- Ongoing engagement with data insights platform, Looker, to obtain business intelligence, big data analytics on the performance of our content library across multiple digital video platforms around the world.
Servers and Facilities
- Archiving and maintenance of master materials, including video and audio files, metadata, caption files, publicity files, transcripts, music cues, etc.
- In-house DROBO and EVO networked work station servers (RAID NAS)
- Off-site data backup systems (Amazon Web Servers, Crashplan servers)
- IT network security contractor on-call for maintenance and troubleshooting of routers and servers
- Storage of archival videotape master library at off-site facility
- Storage of digital master video files, both at company headquarters and cloud-based at AWS edge location servers worldwide
- High-speed (1 Gigabit) fiber-optic internet access provided by Verizon FIOS (multiple IP addresses)
- Multiple WiFi zones and multiple high-speed internet access points
- Signiant Server for secure, high-speed inbound and outbound data transfers
- Cisco Meraki routers with Advanced Security
- Company website built with state-of-the-art Craft Content Management System
Are you ready to monetize your content across the world's major digital platforms? Or to have it distributed to broadcasters and VOD platforms around the world? At Janson Media, we are always looking for quality, engaging content across a wide range of genres. If you want to be one of our Content Partners, let us hear from you.Submit your content here!